Wednesday, February 19, 2014

2014 Updates: Biopsy and Breaking Records

Just wanted to write a quick update, more for myself than anything, but also for those who have been asking me to write something for months.

Overall, life is good and I have very few complaints. It's hard to know how to sum up everything that has happened in the past two years, and I guess this blog can sort of speak for itself. It's been a crazy ride, an emotional and physical trial that is unparalleled in my life. I have experienced more types of pain through this journey than I ever conceived was possible. There is no way to describe what you go through when trying to cope with the various stages of relapse and recovery. Even the ups are challenging, because for me, they are almost inevitably followed by downs. And that makes it a little scary. But I've learned more than anything to live in the moment, to love and appreciate every single day of life, and to let hard times pass through my life without bringing me down. I've learned so much in such a short time, and in many ways I am grateful for that.

THE UPDATE

Honestly, I would say I'm extremely happy right now, and I am so much healthier than I was two years ago. Sooo much healthier, and that is exciting and encouraging. My brain lesion has been stable and unchanged for over a year, and doctors even wonder if that is what's responsible for my illness. Maybe it's not. I continue to be sick on a fairly regular basis, but it's alot of non-specific symptoms like muscle weakness, extreme fatigue, and that inescapable brain fog. It comes in waves, and often I'm feeling great, then sick, then great, it's all so unpredictable and makes it hard to progress with my life, my career, my social life, goals, dating, really anything.

I have an appointment with the Mayo Clinic for follow up next month. My most recent MRI was in December, and everything looked good there. We are currently looking into a mass that we found in my anterior mediastinum (in my chest, right behind my sternum). We aren't really sure what it is, and hopefully it's nothing, but we are doing a biopsy next week to be sure. I have honestly been checked out of the mystery-solving business for most of the past year, because we were turning up more questions than answers, and it was making me crazy! So, I decided to just enjoy the good days and weeks and focus on controlling my health in every way I could...eating organic and healthy, keeping up with strength training, keeping on schedule with my supplements and medications, doing as much as I could to organize my life, and spending my good days with the people who are important to me. It's been really good for me, and I've loved focusing on normal life in the ways that I can.

In tuning out the medical world, my doctors appointments and even my sick days and weeks have come to feel pretty routine to me. But there isn't really anything routine about a biopsy, so it's shaking things up a little. I know I'll be fine, its just pulling me back into this medical reality for a minute, and it's kind of unsettling. But honestly, I do want to know what that stupid mass is, and even for the slight chance that this could give us some sort of useful answers...(I hate hoping for things like that)...I guess it'll be worth the stress and pain.

The mass is behind my sternum, so a CT scan guided needle will be stuck through my ribs, pass through part of my lungs and then reach the mass to take a sample. They say the biggest risk is of deflating a lung, otherwise it's pretty safe. A deflated lung. No big deal. Basically safe.

BREAKING RECORDS

Hahah, I'm really excited about my recent health though. The longest I have ever consecutively felt healthy in the past two years has been two months. I am REALLY excited to say that I am currently in uncharted territory now, breaking my record every day!! Mid-December I started improving again, the very end of December was great, nearly all of January was great, and it's now heading into late February, and other than a silly virus I've just caught, I'm still feeling great! Some part of me is just holding my breath, walking on egg shells, hoping to not disturb anything. And the other part of me is CELEBRATING, ready to fight back at any sign of weakness, ready to call on everything I've learned in the past two years about fighting for my health, and not accept any form of defeat. I know I deserve this, I deserve to get my life back on track, I deserve to be healthy and whole, and I deserve to hit three months, six months, twelve months, and even forever of being healthy. Whatever comes, I will be grateful, but I have to admit, I'm really hoping this is the home stretch, and that I can continue to improve each month until I'm living a truly healthy life and can leave all the doctors and tests and setbacks behind forever. It's been a beautiful two months, and looking forward to all that the future brings!

Praise God for blessing me and helping me in every step of this journey. I am truly grateful for every day of life, every step I am able to take, every trip up the stairs, and every chance to see and interact with the people I love. Every day of life is a gift, I hope I never forget that.

Mandy

1 comment:

  1. I'm here to give my testimony how I was cured from HIV, I contacted my HIV via blade. A friend of my use blade to peel of her finger nails and drop it where she use it, so after she has left i did know what came unto me i looked at my nails, my nails were very long and I took the blade which she just used on her own nails to cut of my finger nails, as i was maintaining my names, i mistakenly injured myself. I did even bother about it, so when I got to the hospital the next week when i was ill the doctor told me that I am HIV positive, i wondered where did i got it from so i remembered how I use my friend blade to cut off my hand so i feel so sad in my heart to the extent that i don’t even know what to do, so one day i was passing through the internet i met a testimony of a lady that all talk about how she was cured by a doctor called DR Imoloa so i quickly emailed the doctor and he also replied to me and told me the requirements which i will provide and I do according to his command, he prepare a herbal medicine for me which I took. He message me the following week that i should go for a test which i did to my own surprise i found that i was HIV negative. He also have cured for all kinds of incurable diseases like: Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, Addison's disease, Chronic Disease, Crohn's Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Fungal Nail Disease, Paralysis, Celia Disease , Lymphoma, Major Depression, Malignant Melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's Disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscle Dystrophy, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer Disease and so many. Thanks to him once more the great doctor that cured me dr. Imoloa so you can also email him via drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2347081986098. / website- www.drimolaherbalmademedicine.wordpress.com. God Bless you Sir.

    ReplyDelete