Thursday, February 9, 2012

Jugular Vein! Blood in, Blood Out


Plasmapheresis! They say the full supply of my blood will cycle out several times, each day we do this. Note the large bag of golden fluid on the side of the machine....that's my plasma. Guess what they did with it when we were done?? They threw it in the trash!! See the glass bottles up top with the honey colored fluid (actually kind of bubbly in this picture)? That's the plasma replacement fluid.

They check my blood pressure every ten minutes to be sure the machine doesn't have too much of my blood out at once. Those ropes protruding out of my neck are as bothersome as they look! It hurts, and it creeps me out! But the concept of this treatment is fascinating, when I can forget its being done on me!

2 comments:

  1. Mandy you have such a good attitude! I cannot imaging going through all of this. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man Mandy, You are sooo strong and brave. I could not emagine. Please let me know if you need anything. I'm sorry I haven't made it over, I just would have my kids and they go nuts in a place like that, and you don't need the stress. But I am thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete